Advice - amalgam risk

Unlike other metals, mercury emits vapors at room temperature, causing toxic fumes. It evaporates even more at body temperature.  Persons with several fillings are carrying a few grams of mercury around at all times. Chewing, brushing the teeth, hot liquids and galvanic effects dilute the mercury. It can be absorbed and deposited in different organs of the body (kidneys, liver, brain, connective tissue). On the one hand this disturbes the metabolism (enzyme blockages), on the other hand, it damages the cells and the genetic make-up. Pewter, silver and copper (not so much zinc) can be deposited in the body and are poisonous if they reach a certain level.

What is amalgam?
For about 150 years decayed teeth have been treated with amalgam. A large percentage of the population is carrying this inexpensive, easy to handle metal in their mouths.

The most common composition of amalgam:
Ca. 50 % alloy powder (silver, tin, copper, zinc, mercury) and ca. 50 % liquid mercury are mixed and immediately inserted as a filling.

Which are the symptoms of poisoning?
An amalgam poisoning does not show the same in each individual. Depending on the constitution of a person, the illness breaks out in the weakest organ system. It is most harmful for unborn babies (up to 50% of deposited mercury in the mother affect the fetus) and children. It most often starts in women and men in their middle age.

Amalgam has especially toxic effects on:

  • the nervous system (pains, depressions, paralysis)
  • the immune system (susceptibility to infections, allergies, fungi), the hormone
  • system (tiredness, nervousness, menstruation irregularities), the
  • mucous membranes (sinus infections, colitis, burning sensation in the mouth)
  • connective and supportive tissues (joint and muscle pains).

Classification of amalgam-affected persons:

  1. Carriers of amalgam who are not really ill, but show symptoms of tiredness once in a while.
  2. Carriers of amalgam who often suffer from symtoms of tiredness, aversion to light, head aches, appetite  disorders and depressive moods, but can still fulfill their duties.
  3. Carriers of amalgam showing the full symptoms of the illness, whose body has decompensated and who are suffering from enormous exhaustion, head aches,  migraine, comatose states, dizzyness, vertigo,  respiratory problems, acute and/or chronic hyperventilation, touch disorder (tingling in the extremities), muscle spasms, cramps, walking disability, metal taste in the mouth, autonomic dysregulation, impaired vision, chronic diarrhea, weight loss, muscle and joint pains, restlessness and anxiety, and sometimes fear to die.

Physical symptoms
Migraine, headaches, tiredness, exhaustion, slight trembling of the hands, vertigo, forgetfulness, numbness in arms and legs, metallic taste in the mouth, inflammation of the mouth and throat, susceptibility to infections, inflammations, cardiac arrhythmia, circulatory problems, joint aches, muscle weakness, functional visual disorders, tinnitus, gastrointestinal problems, colitis, menstruation and fertility disorders. Psychologial problems, fears, restlessness, irritability, depressions, listlessness, poor concentration, poor memory, restless sleep, nightmares, hallucinations, stuttering, slurred speech, afraid of people, aggressiveness, light and noise sensitivity. 

What can we do?
This is where our holistic dentistry begins. We use state-of-the-art testing facilities for our diagnosis. For the therapy it is absolutely essential to remove the heavy metals from your body. This will be done by your dentist, but you will be treated accordingly a.o. the flushing out of the heavy metals, followed by natural remedies and other, individual measures such as a wash-out or detoxication respectively.

The WHO warns.
The World Health Organisation has raised alarm. Our world is so contaminated with mercury that there are hardly any people who have not  passed the tolerance level long time. Especially women over 40 years in industrialized countries exceed the tolerance level at least six-fold.

More information::


Amalgam Removal

Amalgam must be disposed of as hazardous waste. Why should this hazardous waste be put in the body in the first place? Our immune system is overloaded which is demonstrated by the enormous increase of allergic reactions which can occur at any age. Dermatoses, asthma and hay fever are already  a part of everyday life. Should you be interested in the symptoms of  heavy metal pollution, we kindly ask you to answer our questionnaire of heavy metal exposure.

Protective measures for amalgam removal

  1. Treatment plan
  2. Medicinal support for the detoxication before, during and after the treatment.
  3. Special masks for patient and dental staff provide fresh air at all times, which avoids the breathing in of mercury vapors. The treatment room will be vented by sufficient fans. The oral cavity is protected from amalgam dust by a rubber protection (dental dam). A special suction apparatus which is placed over every individual tooth ensures an even more thorough removal of the amalgam.